Message from our CEO:
Onward is a high-growth, venture-backed startup using a first to market approach to fix the supply chain crisis in the United States.
The supply chain crisis is in the forefront of everyone's minds these days. It is on the news and I am sure you have experienced delays in shipping your gifts around the holidays. Of all the industries impacted by the crisis, no industry has been hurt more than the big and bulky goods transportation market (furniture, appliances and palletized goods). Did you know if you go into a store to purchase a piece of furniture, it will take over a month for that product to arrive at your home? To make matters worse, there is a driver shortage in the industry that is making it impossible to find the help needed for supply to meet demand. Further pushing out the end date to this crisis.
At Onward, our platform has found a way to fix the driver shortage. Not by recruiting more drivers, but by making the drivers on the road more efficient. Our technology has allowed us to connect each retailer in the market to the unused cargo space on the road everyday. Therefore allowing retailers to reduce the time between order and delivery from over a month, to next day.
We’re a team of highly motivated individuals that have lived and breathed the problems in this industry for years. We have deep experience in running startups, developing complicated web applications, designing user interfaces that delight customers and building fun work environments. We also have founders that have proven track records in scaling businesses from under $5M in revenue to over $50 million.
There has never been a better opportunity to join a startup where you can have an immediate impact on the environment, national news and truly fix an archaic industry. The supply chain crisis is estimated to last until 2024 and this industry is estimated to contribute 40% to the world's carbon emissions by 2050. We’re looking for talented, creative, & self-motivated people to stop the above facts from happening!
We’re stoked to meet you.
Onward is growing at an accelerated rate and you will be instrumental in helping us handle this growth by assisting in laying the foundation of a team that aims to quintouple in size over the next 4 quarters. This is a high-responsibility position set to provide you with all of the tools you need to help us rapidly scale by managing a team of business development representatives. You will be living and breathing the startup life and become part of a team that aims to disrupt an industry. This position will be designed to not only further your growth as a business professional, but to further your career and accelerate your status as a valued member of the Onward team.
Competitive Base Salary, Highly Incentivized Commission
- Train, develop, and directly manage a team of business development representatives
- Continuously set goals and thresholds for your team, analyze performance, provide them with ongoing feedback, and conduct performance reviews on a weekly cadence
- Ensure your team hits daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly revenue goals.
- Implement and communicate business growth strategies through goal setting, accountability management, and motivation techniques such as team rewards and contest
- Develop and document new strategic and standard processes.
- Closely monitor your BDR’s performance and identify ways to help maximize their overall success
- Work with a sense of urgency to solve problems and train reps to do the same
- Help train new BDRs on our value propositions, market trends, our software tools and sales playbook.
- You are our market guru who understands lane level pricing to help make decisions
- Identify new business opportunities and propose new market expansion to the Dir. of Sales.
- Effectively collect, document and analyze data through Excel/Google Sheets and CRM platforms.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is proficient in Microsoft Office/GSuite (Google Sheets/Excel a must)
- Has demonstrated leadership and management skills over sales teams in the past.
- Has strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Is highly self motivated and is eager to take a team to the next level.
- Enjoys the hustle of the start up lifestyle and wants to offer real contribution to a company’s growth.
- Is a team player and has the ability to work effectively with all departments.
- Has strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Is able to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Is extremely organized with a high attention to detail.